FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- How early do I have to book my tour?
- How much does a tour cost?
- Can we open the windows on a standard tour?
- Can we see any active volcanos?
- I am travelling solo, how can I join a tour?
- I am not able to book online and cannot understand why, can you help me?
- Which type of aircrafts do you operate?
Cessna 207 with 5 passenger seats and 3 openable windows.
Piper Navajo with 7 passenger seats and 1 openable window.
Piper Chieftain with 9 passenger seats.
- Which type of aircraft do you use for photo flights?
- How do I get to your location?
Our Reykjavík location is at Reykjavík Domestic Airport Terminal 2 at Nauthólsvegur. GPS co-ordinates: 64°07’46.0″N 21°55’57.0″W
At Bakki we are located on the south coast of Iceland. The best way to get there is to drive on road nr. 1 and turn off to road nr. 253. GPS co-ordinates: 63°33’30.9″N 20°08’46.5″W
Skaftafell is our own private airport. The best way to get there is to drive on road nr. 1 and turn off the road to the opposite side of Skaftafell National Park. GPS co-ordinates: 64°00’10.7″N 16°56’29.4″W
- Do you offer pick up service?
Bad weather and cancellations
- What is the cancellation policy?
All cancellations must be made by letter, fax or e-mail and confirmed by Atlantsflug. We are obliged to charge cancellation fees to passenger(s) as follows:
Less than 2 weeks and more than 72 hours – 10%
Less than 72 hours and more than 24 hours – 50%
Less than 24 hours – 100%
With your safety in mind we reserve the right to cancel a tour or change the itinerary due to weather conditions and/or any other factors beyond our control.
- What happens if I have already paid for the flight and the weather is unsuitable for the tour?